Fuel Sampling - Avoid expensive repairs and down time,
have your fuel tested today.
Advanced Fuel Polishing Service offers a full line of fuel sampling and lab testing services. We will inspect the site conditions and make recommendations on the most effective solutions to resolve fuel and site issues. We will review the results of the lab test and answer any questions you have. (All of our lab tests are done by a third party independent labs).
For those that want to perform their own sampling and testing, Advanced Fuel Polishing Service offers a wide variety of tools and accessories for properly pulling fuel samples from bulk fuel storage tanks, generator sub-base tanks and day tanks.
Itâ€™s very important that the fuel samples are properly obtained to guarantee for accurate test results. Samples should always be obtained using ASTM approved sampling methods (ASTM Designation: D4057). Samples should always be taken by a qualified technician. Failure to get proper samples will result in inaccurate lab test results.
To help get the best results:
- Make sure the samples are taken to meet ASTM Standards.
- Examples of improper sampling: pouring fuel from a fuel filter, using the sediment drain in a filter or filter assembly, dipping the sample container into the tank, using a DC/AC pump that is used for other things like coolant or engine oil.
- Make sure the person taking the sample(s) has been trained and knows the proper methods for obtaining fuel samples, i.e. ASTM methods.
- Make sure sampling tools and containers are clean.
- Make sure all tanks are being checked. For example: if there is a main storage tank and a day tank/sub-base they all need to have samples pulled and inspected. One tank being clean doesnâ€™t mean they both are.
Water finding paste
- Make sure the tank is checked for water. There doesnâ€™t have to be a leak for a tank to have water in it.
- A visual inspection of the entire fuel system should be done to ensure there are no leaks, missing vent caps or fill caps. Make sure the seals on the fill cap are in good shape and not missing.
Making sure the integrity of the fuel and fuel system is as important as the routine maintenance that is performed on your equipment. Derogated/contaminated fuel can have negative effects on your engine and fuel system, more than just clogging up filters!
Call Advanced Fuel Polishing Service, Inc. and find out how you can polish your fuel and save! 1-855-FUELCLN â€¢ 302-375-6145 â€¢ 610-459-3092